Halloween haunts in Chicago

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by Vicolette, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

If you're traveling during Halloween and you want to participate in the action, there are quite a few adult and family-friendly events going on like Boo! at the Zoo, at the Brookfield Zoo, Spooky Zoo Spectacular at Lincoln Park Zoo, the Haunted House at the Navy Pier and the Statesville Haunted Prison & City of the Dead in Crest Hill.

2. even40's

even40's New Member

The Bolingbrook Park District will be hosting its first ever Haunted Harbor. The bathhouse there has been turned into a funeral home with an interactive cemetery and a variety of hearses to view. Fright Fest at Six Flags is definitely going to be the place to spend halloween. There's also going to be a marathon type race with a zombie theme (in think called the running zombies) on Oct 26th.

3. oceanomar

oceanomar New Member

I was at the Haunted House at the Navy Pier last year and it was kinda okay, though I did not see what the hype is about for this place. I think I paid $25 to get in which felt like a total rip off and the drive to the Navy Pier from Chicago wasn't worth it either (2 hrs drive).

4. rajbadak

rajbadak New Member

Daly Plaza also has a ton of activities going on for Halloween for children and adults like special performances, pyrotechnic fire dancers, hayrides, trick-or-treating, arts and crafts and a lot more.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

There's definitely plenty of places in the US to get your scare on for Halloween. Here in Florida, Hall-o-Scream just ended at Busch Gardens but Halloween Horror Nights is still going strong at Universal Orlando . Both are off the chain.