Hartsfield airport to downtown atlanta

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by southerie, Mar 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. southerie

southerie New Member

Is it possible to take city bus transportation from Hartsfield airport
    to downtown atlanta?

Thanks,
    Len

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Yes, Greyhound Flightlink buses link Atlanta Hartsfield airport with many city and inter-state locations like downtown Atlanta.

The Flightlink buses leave from the lower level of the North Terminal, which is just an escalator ride down from the North Baggage Claim Area.

By the way, there are a number of companies that run shared shuttle services from the airport to downtown Atlanta, and they only cost about $16. Also, they depart from the Green bus aisle of the Ground Transportation Center, located between the North and South Terminals.

3. bmd

bmd Guest

Another option is the MARTA metro. This is always my first choice if I don't have someone to come pick me up, because it's inexpensive, and it takes me directly to the place I need to be, and you can catch the metro direct from the airport. Sometimes, there's a wait, but it's pretty fast, and if you get a multiple use pass, you can ride the MARTA, later, when you want to go sightseeing.

4. megatron2

megatron2 New Member

getting to downtown atlanta

the Greyhound Flightlink is a quick way to get to Atlanta but it doesn't operate all day long. The hours are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. - Monday - Friday/ 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Saturday/ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Sunday. Marta buses are also great and quick taking 20 minutes to downtown Atlanta..i think one way fares cost about $2...do avoid taxis though a one way fare cost about $30 plus tip!