Has anyone been to West Palm Beach?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by jigaPatel, Apr 4, 2011.

1. jigaPatel

jigaPatel New Member

Hubby and I are taking a late honeymoon. We have a family member who has a house in Jupiter, FL... which is apparently right near West Palm Beach. They are willing to let us use the house.

Has anybody ever been to this area? What would you recommend for a young couple to do, and when is the best time to go (I can't tolerate extreme heat being from the northeast but I would really like to go swimming, etc.)? Any help is appreciated.

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

i have been to West Palm Beach a few times around the summer months when I use to visit a boyfriend I had that lived there.

I can tell you that West Palm Beach isn't much and it's overhyped. Honestly, you won't be impressed that much since the high shops are the same shops you'll find in any high end area.

I I was you, I'd rent a car and use jupiter to explore the area. Miami is about an hour away, disney world about 3 hours so they are easy for an overnight trip.

3. Plaffert

Plaffert New Member

If you have plenty of time, there are a lot of things to do in Florida and tons of places to explore. If you are particularly looking for things to do and places to go in West Palm Beach, you can explore its beautiful beaches. There are lots of things to do in Palm Beach county aside from shopping spree and beach hopping.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

West Palm Beach has plenty to do but for an adventure and spectacular views, plan a visit to Jupiter, about 20 miles from WPB. One attraction you won't want to miss is climbing to the top of the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse. Built in 1860, it's a beautiful and interesting tribute to Florida's history and well worth the visit. After checking out the spectacular views, stop by the lighthouse museum for a souvenir or two.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  5. Brew Milos

Brew Milos New Member

It is better to explore other areas near West Palm beach. They are more interesting like Disney World, I have been there once & enjoyed a lot.

6. tyra

tyra New Member

I would say if you both are planning to have a good time then make a trip there at the end of Spring season i mean between April to May.

7. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

There are no shortage of romantic places in Florida and the West Palm Beach is one of the most romantic places with many wonderful attractions, lush tropical gardens, excellent spas and very interesting entertainment venues.

Of all the romantic getaways in Florida, this West Palm Beach has some exotic beaches & spots including Singer Island, Okeeheelee Park and Peanut Island for sun and fun.

You can also take a cruise tour and enjoy the panoramic views of the Florida Intracoastal Waterway of West Palm Beach. Hakuna Matata, is the best catamaran for cruise excursions and arranges different trips to enjoy the atmosphere of the Palm Beach. Visit Cruises page too for more information and enjoy the romantic getaway in West Palm Beach.