Has the travel warning been lifted?

Discussion in 'Lebanon' started by mitraveler, Mar 16, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Does anyone know if the state department has lifted the travel warning for Lebanon? I know that things are different than a year ago. It looks like the state department warning is from 2010.

2. wantJok

wantJok New Member

travel to Lebanon

the travel warning was still present for Lebanon since 2010 for no reason and now with the unrest in Syria, a new travel warning has been issued there. The warning is only a travel advisory (because there's no conflict there) but it is still harming Lebanon's economy and its institutions of tourism - hotels and restaurants - which were already under pressure. I wish they'd stop issuing this annoying travel warnings so random like this.

3. henrix

henrix New Member

best to avoid the mid east

I have just checked the state.gov site and according to them, the reason they're issuing the travel warning to Lebanon is because of "anti-US outrage in the Middle East", and "spate of recent kidnappings of foreigners in the country". Of course, what they're really telling us that their policy of meddling in the mid-east is backfiring, and now us american citizens will be left to suffer the consequence for resentment towards us:(

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It's hard to know... certainly Syria is a lot less safe that Lebanon, but you never know where violence could prop up in the Middle East. It's possible that you could enjoy a whole vacation without incident, but you just don't know.