Havana restaurants smoke free?

Discussion in 'Cuba' started by wanderer, Mar 22, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Many of the Havana restaurants are asking the smokers to take it outside....the iconic cigars are not as accepted as they once were. What do you think? Should you be able to smoke in Havana ?

2. WorldWER

WorldWER New Member

no smoking ban in Old Havana area restaurants

yes, this is happening mostly in the Old Havana area..the restaurants there are quietly going smoke-free. apparently, the reason behind this move is to improve the culinary experience and safeguard the health of both diners and employees...sorry cigar aficionados, it looks like you've been capped-off!

3. radiotulip

radiotulip New Member

Cuban jazz without a cigar — not so good

dont think a smoking ban will go down welll...Cuba is a country of smokers and a country with an important tobacco tradition so I dont see how they want to change smoking habits that form part of their roots. To me, Cuban jazz without a cigar — not so good!

4. dermaprem

dermaprem New Member

Cuba smoking ban since 2005

this smoking ban is being going on since 2005...Castro himself even gave up smoking to safeguard his health and he loved his Cohiba cigars. Still, I am all for smoking bans across the world...I don't smoke and I don't see why other people's smoke should harm my health!