Helena Montana

Discussion in 'Montana' started by yeung, Apr 3, 2009.

1. yeung

yeung New Member

Hi! I was looking for some suggestions as what to do in the city of Helena in Montana. Also, could you recommend some accommodations? Thanks

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi there,

If you are looking to learn more about the history of Montana as well as some of the top attractions, I would recommend:

* Visiting the Montana Historical Society Museum and taking a trip on the Last Chance Tour Train.

* A self-guided tour at the Montana State Capitol where you can learn about the the building's architecture, its history, etc.

The great thing about the city of Helena is its proximity to the mountains which offer visitors exciting and fun activities such as hiking and boat trips on the nearby Missouri River where you can enjoy the beatiful natural sights Helena has to offer.

If you are looking at staying within budget, I would recommend motels and bed and breakfasts such as the Barrister B&B.

If you are looking for a comfortable stays then, the Best Western Helena Great Northern Hotel is a great choice. It features modern amenities such as TV, cable, mini-fridge, etc.

Another good choices are as follows:

* The Wingate Inn, which is located near Helena Airport
    * The Days Inn, which offers one of the cheapest lodgings in Helena.

Hope this helps
    VacationBuddy