Helicopter trips

Discussion in 'Las Vegas Trip Reports' started by barbandjonm@blueyonder.co, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Hi there
    I am going to Las vegas in November to celebrate my silver wedding anniversary, and am intending to go on a helicopter trip to The Grand canyon. Can anyone help by advising me which is the best one to do - not necessarily the cheapest - but best value for money for a half day trip. I cannot do much walking as I am a wheelchair user. Also is it better to book it online from UK or book it when in Las Vegas?
    I would also like to book a strech limo from the airport to the Luxor - can anyone tell me which is the best company (there will be 4 adults)
    Thank you in advance for any assistance.

2. Vegas Monkey

Vegas Monkey New Member

I would like to suggest a tour from Maverick Helicopters, called the Wind Dancer. It was a 3 to 4 hour tour and wonderful. The pilots are great and the service was wonderful. Plus, the Grand Canyon is awe-inspiring. They really know how to make the adventure a memory.

I do have a fear of heights so I was a bit worried about the flight but it went well and worth going. I would certainly look into Maverick.

Hope it helps and that you enjoy your vacation in the city I love VEGAS BABY!!!

3. Vegas Monkey

Vegas Monkey New Member

Were you able to make plans for your wedding anniversary? Just wondering.

4. d360

d360 Administrator

5. LVrealestateHELP

LVrealestateHELP New Member

I have gone on a helicopter ride on the Strip. I have been up and down the Strip 1 billion times in my life and the helicopter ride had the best few of the Strip I have EVER seen. We took off and circled the Strip a few times, going parallel with the Strip but on both the East and West sides of the Las Vegas Strip. It was night time and the lights were amazing!

6. glenn

glenn New Member

We did the helicopter ride to the canyon when we were there last. Being a bit lazy we took the lunch time trip, in hind sight I should have gone as early in the morning or late in the evening as possible. Photography wise, mid-day just isn't the right time to do the canyon any justice.

Plus the strip would look much cooler at night from the sky.