hidden city ticketing

Discussion in 'Flights' started by Danny, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Danny

Danny Moderator

The owner of Skiplagged.com is being sued by both United Airlines and Orbitz for hidden city ticketing. If you're not familiar with the practice, hidden city ticketing is finding anomalies and using clever routing with plane ticket booking systems. By being creative with your routing, you can sometimes find it is cheaper to buy a round-trip ticket instead of a "single way" for certain routes. Either way, this practice is not illegal as far as I am aware, which begs the question: does United Airline and Orbitz have a lawsuit case?

2. pund4pund

pund4pund New Member

Is the blogger the owner of the website? I thought it was a blogger for the website getting sued not the actual website? Reading the article, I don't see why they would sue this person simply for advising people on how to cut costs. How's the airline getting harmed?

3. Pauseover

Pauseover New Member

I didn't know hidden city ticketing still worked....If you miss any leg of your flight, airlines won't let you get on the return flight. In fact, their system automatically cancelled your return flight if you miss any legs. This happened to a friend of mine who was forced to purchase a brand new ticket...Like they say, a penny wise a pound foolish.