Holiday travel costs more this year

Discussion in 'Flights' started by wanderer, Dec 21, 2011.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Priceline.com figured out the average cost of an airline ticket, which is $473 per flight. This number is 14% higher than this time last year. Crazy, eh?

2. yurlips

yurlips New Member

international travel costs more this year

i think when it comes to international travel, particulary Europe, airfare has gone through the roof. I'm not surprised about this figures by Priceline since it's mostly due to the distance and fuel costs. For instance, from the US west coast to China is about 4,000 miles. If you can get a roundtrip ticket for $1,000 you're getting a good deal.

3. mynameIS

mynameIS New Member

airtravel is too expensive

hey wanderer, do you know if it is $473 for international or domestic flights? if it's for domestic flights then, that figure is truly crazy...I know that in the United Kingdom airport duty tax has been increased again making traveling for the average Brit too expensive:(

4. Notgibenin

Notgibenin New Member

flying in 2012

flying has become ridiculously expensive, and it will get worse in 2012 because of a new green tax (emissions tax) which means that any airline using an airport in the European Union will be subject to higher fees. It'll be around £21 added to the price of a return flight to the United States, and £60 to the price of a return journey to Australia.

5. motalniho

motalniho New Member

flying to the Olympics

tell me about it! im looking at booking flights for the Olympics in London next year and prices are so expensive even now. Flying has really become such a hassle imo, especially at the airport security line. I wish I could drive to London, but I don;t think it'll be possible from Oregon, will it:(

6. lusylaw

lusylaw New Member

i have noticed the cost of international air tickets has increased...same with everything else though

7. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It's frustrating to see all those prices rising ... It makes me rethink my plans and I don't like that.

8. lusylaw

lusylaw New Member

yes I noticed that holiday travel costs more in this year.