honeymoon in Kuala Lumpur,

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by gkdd, Oct 21, 2007.

1. gkdd

gkdd New Member

We've never been to Malaysia and my wife likes to have our honeymoon in Kuala Lumpur, capital city of Malaysia. We don t know anything about the place including accommodation, places to visit, car rentals etc., We are planning for 10 to 11 days trip and don't want any thing much expensive, any body had honey moon there, if so please share your memories with us, it may help us to plan our trip. Our trip would be sometime between February 15 to March 15. Thanks.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

we just returned from Kuala Lumpur and had a fascinating time. Looking back and we both of us agree that we had a most of the wonderful fun and exciting time in Kuala Lumpur. We spent about 8 days in Kuala Lumpur itself and stayed in a hotel called Shangri La which is located next to the Golden Sands and it would be lovely for your honeymoon too. It offers the most attractive facilities for leisure travelers like us, with a pretty landscaped outdoor pool and fitness center stocked with the latest equipment. They provide free alcohol in the evening and before dinner. What more could we ask for. We rent a car and visited many places including Petronas twin towers, KL tower, Batu caves, Petaling street etc. Hope you have a nice honeymoon trip!

3. linh

linh New Member

Here are some attraction in Kuala Lumpur:
    From Kuala Lumpur you can visit Langkawii --> ideal place for Honey moon

Petronas Twin Tower is the tallest building in the world. It is located in an area refered to as the Golden Triangle.
    Kuala Lumpur Tower - 421m concrete tower is reputed to be the highest in Asia and the fourth highest in the world. Visitors can enjoy a bird’s eye view of the Klang Valley from its observation deck or revolving restaurant. The tower serves as a transmission station for telecommunications, radio and television.
    The National Mosque is located Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin surrounded by beautiful gardens. It was completed in 1965 after 3 years of construction. Its roof, designed in the shape of an eighteen-pointed star, has the appearance of a partly opened umbrella roof.
    Located in Lake Gardens, the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park is is one of the largest Bird sanctuaries in Southeast Asia. The Park features thousands of birds. It is really great to hear the sound of thousand of birds.
    The huge Batu Caves are located 13km out of the city and are among KL's best known tourist attractions.
    The affluent suburb of Bangsar has two modern shopping complexes, boutiques and attractively decorated shops selling a wide range of products such as antiques, furniture, cosmetics, household items, flippers and sports wear. Bangsar’s appeal also lies in its extensive range of dining outlets and entertainment spots, making it a magnet for evening social gatherings.
    Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Memorial - This memorial is dedicated to the memory of Malaysia’s “Father of Independence†and first prime minister

4. hi,

if u have got any info then plz let me knw so tht i can make any plan to visit kuala lumpur

5. hi
    can you tell me about kulala pur's detail ?

6. nightflower

nightflower New Member

enjoy your honeymoon!

7. mochilera

mochilera New Member

kuala lumpur is the capital of Malaysia, which is very city-like.
    for me, I think that 10~11 days just to be in kuala lumpur is a bit too much, and it might be too noisy for a really relaxing honeymoon. If you would like to have sunbathe you might consider east coast of Malaysia, recommended island would be Redang island(still too happening for me), Perhentian island, Lang Tengah island, Kapas island (5km from mainland), or Cherating beach :)
    Penang and Malacca could be in your list if you like history ^^ Oh yeah Malacca is just 2 hours away from Kuala Lumpur, and Penang is 5~6 hours driving distance away from Kuala Lumpur.
    If you have much time you can fly to East Malaysia for Caves, Mountain and National Park! These places are more to adventure...

8. andyng

andyng New Member

Just found out a very unique hotel in Kuala Lumpur for honeymooners. Located in a very secluded high-end residential area but it is just 5 minutes drive away from KLCC and Bukit Bintang area. If letting them know in advance they can even arrange shuttle to the city centre. It is called Villa Samadhi. Since I do not have enough count to post a link but you may just Google Villa Samadhi to search. It should be triple w dot villasamadhi.com.my. Check it out guys if you want a nice unique hotel for your honeymoon trip in Kuala Lumpur.

9. ukinsurance

ukinsurance New Member

Though Kualalampur is a swanky and bustling city today, where people from diverse culture and religion live. But the real fun lies else where, some thing which is scattered around Malaysia, especially Penang is worth visiting.