honeymoon in Mauritius

Discussion in 'Mauritius' started by Monte*, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Monte*

Monte* New Member

hi,

im planning a surprise honeymoon for me and wife (to be) and it seems Mauritius is great for honeymooners all year around?. Is there a place in particular that you would suggest to stay? Ideally, we'd love to be as close as possible to nature, beaches, etc. Any hotel resorts suggestions worth mentioning? thanks

2. southernComforto

southernComforto New Member

where to stay in Mauritius

Mauritius and the Seychelles are my favorite vacation spots. As a honeymoon destination, yes Mauritius is amazing. In fact, when I was there i remember seeing so many young couples. Mauritius is pretty much geared towards families and couples so most hotels will foot the bill just right. I stayed on the south side of the island and that's my recommendation. The south boasts lovely mountain scenery and beautiful beaches.

3. specialtea

specialtea New Member

what to do in Mauritius

I agree that Mauritius is an excellent place for a honeymoon, if not the most romantic destinations ever. It has pure white sands dotted with palm trees and crystal clear waters. I recommend hiring a glass-bottomed boat and sail through the waters, visit the Tamarin Falls and taking a hike to the Lion Mountain to get a birds eye over land.

4. polivt

polivt New Member

best time to go for honeymoon to Mauritius

when are u planning the honeymoon? Remember there is a rainy season, which runs between November and February (summer season in Mauritius). At the moment, the weather is hot and humid and if you are unlucky to travel now you may experience heavy rainfall. I'd suggest going in the ‘winter’ (from July to September), when humidity and heat is less.

5. CameronD

CameronD New Member

book a vacation package for your honeymoon

My suggestion is to book an all inclusive package that includes things like organized tours, flights, airport transfers, accommodation, etc. The more everything is booked and paid for in advance the better and stress-free time you will have in Mauritius. Some people may tell you that is best to book things separately but believe me that a vacation package is generally better value for money as the agents are able to get hold of ‘special’ airfares and better than usual accommodation rates.

6. kumarmanoj1

kumarmanoj1 New Member

hi Monte, you choose great destination for your family trip. InterContinental Mauritius is an Luxury hotel and best tourist area of Grand Baie is only a 15-minute drive away.