Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by viperpowered, Nov 22, 2010.
Having been to both Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur I can tell you that KL is the DVD capital of the world where you can find all kinds of DVd's, electronics and cheap as well. I find HK slightly more expensive when it came to electronics but if you also want to buy clothes, you'll find many market shops selling imitation designer clothes.
Bottom line to getting cheap goods in these places is to bargain with the market vendors so don't settle with the first price they give you. Good luck!
Kuala Lumpur comes second to Hong Kong
I think Kuala Lumpur comes second to Hong Kong for many reasons:
1. the cost of living in Kuala Lumpur is much lower than Hong Kong as KL is developing and HK way too developed.
2. the property in HK is also very expensive so renting and buying is much more affordable in KL.
3. the transport system in HK is first class all the way. You don't really need a car to get around in HK.
4. KL is very hot all year round whereas in HK you get 2 seasons (hot-30+ degrees vs cold-as cold as 10+ degrees).
5. As far as food, both KL and HK boast great cuisines as they're multicultural so you'll find delicious Chinese eateries everywhere as well as italian and Japanese restaurants.
In terms of cost, Kuala Lumpur will be a better options. The best place to get electronic items is at Low Yat Plaza in Bukit Bintang area.
I think if you are a shopaholic you will want to head to Hong Kong. Don't think Kuala Lumpur is as sophisticated as HK when it comes to fashion. The value for money in HK is also better than that in KL because HK is closer to China and hence the cost of production is lower.
In HK everything is authentic (merchandise wise) and the weather is nice during January to March
Separate names with a comma.