Hostel suggestions

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Vicolette, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Can anyone suggest where to find the safest and most convenient hostels for singles or couples to stay in while traveling in and around Rome

2. TmaszAdam

TmaszAdam New Member

Let me tell ya, when it comes to hostels in Rome there are often not cheaper than hotels so you really have to choose wisely. As far as safety and prices, all of central Rome is safe and the Italy Inn is one of the cheapest out there. You can get a double room w/private bath and dorm w/communal bath for around $20.

3. lappyHolmes

lappyHolmes New Member

monastery accommodation in Rome

Yes, the city centre is safe but hostels there aren't quiet and they're too expensive because of their centrality. What's a good hostel will depend on the individual but if you're a couple I would suggest staying in a monastery accommodation such as Casa Il Rosario, which is located near the Quirinale Palace in Rome

4. Pepperzzine

Pepperzzine New Member

Hostel advice in Rome

Depends on your age, how old are you? Many of the hostels there like the Yellow Hostel are geared toward young travelers. Also, I want to point out that if you are looking to stay in the central touristy area of Rome you will need to pay for a hotel room.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Thanks for the heads-up, everyone. We're an older couple, so hanging out with the 20/30 age group while ok, would not be my first choice. Looks like we should switch gears and look for some inexpensive hotels. :)