How do I get around on the Strip?‎

Discussion in 'Las Vegas Transportation: getting there and around' started by boisinblue, Jan 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. boisinblue

boisinblue New Member

hey folks, I have some questions on Vegas regarding transportation in and around Vegas and best way to move around the Strip. I am aware of taxis, buses, etc but in your opinion which will be the best option you would recommend for first timers?

2. melalinoCoe

melalinoCoe New Member

Best way to get around on the Strip?

Depends on the time you travel to Vegas. On the off season, it's nice to walk around the Strip to take in the sights, though you can also use the bus, the monorail, rent a limo, shuttle and taxicab to get around. Those are your basic options and taxis are the most expensive and least favorite in my opinion. The bus service (called the Deuce) is great to get around the Strip and runs 24 hours a day (7 days a week).

3. sleelyfope

sleelyfope New Member

using the Deuce when in Vegas

Never rent a car when traveling to Vegas. I also second using the Deuce when in Vegas because it's cheap, comes more frequently and it stops right on the strip--which is perfect. You'll get tired of walking and of the sun is beating down on you so you will welcome hopping on the Deuce, though make sure to sit on the upper deck for better views!

4. Bonnys

Bonnys New Member

if you plan on walking, you should know that the Strip is crowded with people at all hours of the day and very safe during the day but especially at night. I'd say it's safe to walk on the Strip I'd avoid the area at night between Circus Circus and The Stratosphere.