how does single cruising work?

Discussion in 'Cruises' started by areyouthere?, Dec 30, 2010.

1. areyouthere?

areyouthere? New Member

hi, has anyone been on a singles cruise? what is it like? Is it like a bunch of single people getting together on a boat and mixing and mingling..?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

That's a good question! Although, I've cruises before a few times now I've never been on a singles cruise, but I would imagine it would resemble a typical bar scene with a mix of guys and girls.

The thing is that most cruise ships do have a singles get together type thing, and someone I talked to that had gone to a singles get together said it was mostly older ladies and a younger guys.

I would say if you plan to do a singles cruise to go for it... for the cruising experience and not to find love!

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I was wondering about regular cruises...do they tend to have activities for singles or do you have to go on a singles-only cruise?

4. shius-lie2

shius-lie2 New Member

single cruising

I could be wrong but isn't single cruising like meat markets where a bunch of eligible people get together on a boat and mix and mingle and try to reenact titanic like love scenes?

5. tomezaS

tomezaS New Member

singles-only cruise?

haha..that's funny shius! anyways, who wants to do a singles-only cruise? It's a like going to a single's party at a bar...you might as well do a regular cruise like wanderer said, it'll also be cheaper I reckon.

6. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I would be that it depends on the kind of vacation you're looking for. Some singles might be open to meeting someone but totally happy if they don't. Others are on the prowl...just like in the real world. ;)