How long is Duval Street?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by wanderer, Nov 2, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Duval Street is one of the most famous thoroughfares in the United States. It's not exactly a long road, but this Key West fixture runs just over a mile through the heart of Key West. Many people love it for its great architecture and fun things to do. What do you love about Duval Street?

2. asfardudu

asfardudu New Member

Duval st is like a red light district/hedo II repackaged as something else... You can see a little bit of everything and all kinds of characters. Being hugely popular and the heart of the party scene in Key West, it's no surprising everything there is pricey. I believe there's a bar there where patrons walk around naked..

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Yes, they are a little free in Key West. I'm kind of shy myself, but it is fun to go people watching when you're in Key West. I'm not sure I would be comfortable anywhere near the naked bar though! Or really Fantasy Fest.

4. redsonja

redsonja New Member

@asfardudu: Ever been to Fantasy fest? you probably fall unconscious if you aren't used to debauchery, which Fantasy fest boasts tons of. Mind you, I love it myself...loads of fun, plenty of body paint and tons of craziness . what a party!