how long to spend in Uzbekistan

Discussion in 'Uzbekistan' started by RobZilla, Jun 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. RobZilla

RobZilla New Member

My advice is to allow at least 2-3 weeks for a trip to Uzbekistan, though of course, it all depends on what kind stuff you want to do. I spent a whole month in Uzbekistan and it was not enough for me, though I have heard people say that a week is too long. It all depends on your interests. however long you are going to be there, be sure to visit Tashkent, Samarkand, Shakhrisabz, Buhara, Khiva, Nukus and the Aral Sea.

2. willbeP

willbeP New Member

You can do Uzbekistan on a 7 day itinerary but it will be very tiring because you will be doing driving and moving around. Not worth it in my opinion. If you're a first timer, stick to Tashkent, Samarkand, Bukhara and Khiva.

3. NicolaHko

NicolaHko New Member

Just to let you all know that you will have to fill 2 mandatory copies of custom declaration forms - one upon arrival to Uzbekistan and another when flying out. the customs officers will keep the original form and a copy will be given to you. Make sure that the form has a custom stamp...if not, just ask the customs officer to put one.

4. Saw6

Saw6 New Member

If you are the adventurous type you will love Uzbekistan...great hospitality and very nice people. I have traveled To Uzbekistan and had no issues but avoid going in December as it's bitter cold. Also, before booking with a tour operator, you need to carefully assess the experience of the tour operator and the services they will offer.