How many islands should you see on a cruise?

Discussion in 'Caribbean Islands' started by wanderer, Jun 13, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What's a reasonable amount of islands to see on a cruise? I'm thinking a week or less timeframe. How many islands does it take before they all start to look the same. I know all the islands in the Caribbean are different, but that can get glossed over after a while.

2. dunkans

dunkans New Member

i've cruised the Caribbean three times now and i never get tired of them. The Caribbean has a lot of beautiful islands but my favorites are Bermuda, Bahamas, St. Martin, Jamaica, St. Lucia, St. Maarten and the Turks and Caicos.

3. moreactionPLZ

moreactionPLZ New Member

take a Caribbean cruise

i'd say the more islands you see the merrier! Add as many islands as you can in your itinerary and make sure you do the shore excursions. There's no better way to get a taste of the Caribbean than on a cruise and you'll get a nice idea of the places you may want to visit next time on a vacation.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Thanks for sharing your advice! I think it would be fun to see all the different islands while you're there...and plus, it's not like they're really far apart. :)

5. mdavid

mdavid New Member

It depends on a number of factors how many islands you can visit on a single cruise. Either the cruises are categorized by the area ( southern, western or eastern caribbean), or number of days, it can be as long as 14 days or more, could be a 7-8 days cruise or a 5 days cruise aswell. Then there is the factor how many days the cruise allows in sea, that could be a single day and rest on islands which will let you visit more islands, even 6 islands, or it could be 2-3 days in sea and rest on islands which will let you see 3 islands, a 14-day cruise lets you visit the most islands odcourse:)