how much for safari tour in Kenya

Discussion in 'Kenya' started by yurlips, Nov 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. yurlips

yurlips New Member

hello, im planning to visit Kenya with my wife-to-be for a pre-honeymoon vacation to the country. We've never been there before but we'd love to do a couple safaris if possible. Do you recommend staying in camp or lodge? any tips/suggestions welcome. Thanks!

2. C'monBal

C'monBal New Member

Safaris can be a very expensive affair in Kenya and how many you do depends on your budget. You can expect to pay as little as $800 or as much as $3000 for a safari. The cost of a safari is determined by your choice of accommodation. Camps are cheapest while lodges offer better amenities if you're looking for comfort and a bit of luxury.

3. ToliaJohn

ToliaJohn New Member

Accommodations on safari in Kenya

Most of Kenya's finest lodges and camps are in or just outside the Masai Mara Game Reserve. It cost me and my other half around $1300 p/person for a two-night safari at the mara serena lodge (including flight from Mombasa). My advice for the best safari experience is to splash as much as you can afford. if you're not the type who likes roughing it then, avoid mobile safari camps because you'll be sharing the bathroom and shower tents with others.