How to Avoid Scams

Discussion in 'Vacations' started by wizardofOZ, Mar 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. wizardofOZ

wizardofOZ New Member

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. When I book online my vacation I don't just do it from any source. I always go through reputable companies or ones that my friends trust. Also, pay by credit card only. You'll have better luck disputing faulty charges with your credit card company.

Anyone else wants to chime in?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

Great tips! I'd say to triple check the company's cancellation and refund policies and always read the fine print. Also, confirm all reservations and arrangements yourself.

3. Voltio22

Voltio22 New Member

Reputable doesn't mean you are not getting scammed. Most reputable businesses charge an arm and a leg for their services. A scam means dishonest...so anyone who's not honest about their practices is technically a scamer.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

You can read reviews online (and ignore the really good and really bad ones) or work with someone that you know if reputable, like AAA or a long-established tour company. The Better Business Bureau in your area could have some information about the company.

With reputable companies, you can ask about the fees. They should be able to explain each one. And tell you exactly what things are going to cost.