how to get cheap ski-lift tickets

Discussion in 'Ski Areas' started by ListenBuddy, Jan 16, 2014.

1. ListenBuddy

ListenBuddy New Member

i wanted to share some ways people can get cheap ski-lift tickets because i know buying a lift ticket for a ski resort is becoming more like booking an airline ticket. My advice is to do as much research as possible because I found that some ski area websites are doing what the airlines are doing which is creating a matrix that shows pricing for various days.

2. QuarterBaxk

QuarterBaxk New Member

I was recently able to get an all day ski lift for Kirkwood at Tahoe for only $64 when purchasing online 3 days in advance. I totally agree that ski lift tickets are more like plane tickets nowadays...you have to play around with the dates to get the best deals.

3. DonaWeko

DonaWeko New Member

use Groupon to get cheap ski-lift tickets

For me the best way to get cheap stuff, including lift tickets is via daily deal sites like Groupon. Right now you can purchase lift tickets for two to Utah’s Solitude Resort for 50% off.

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

It helps to visit at off-peak times. Weekends with Monday holidays (like MLK day) often cost the most because that's the time most people want to visit. If you visited on a random Wednesday or late in the season, it's possible to snag deals.