how to get from ninh binh to dong hoi

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by DaneDegale, Sep 23, 2014.

1. DaneDegale

DaneDegale New Member

To get to Dong Hoi from Ninh Binh, you can either jump on a bus (via Hue or Siagon), or take the train which I recommend because it's faster and gives you less hassle even though the train cost a little more. I suggest catching the train as early as you can and booking a sleeper train for comfort. As far as getting train tickets, you can book your train ticket with your hotel or via a travel agent in Vietnam.

2. ThisWorld2010

ThisWorld2010 New Member

Bus travel vs train in Vietnam

Bus travel in Vietnam is cheap but I would not recommend using them for long-distance travel. Long distance buses can be dangerous, and they are usually uncomfortable anyways. The trains are slower and noisier than buses but it's much more safer and reasonably comfortably.

3. rongreu

rongreu New Member

There 2 options:
    1. You can buy a high-quality bus ticket, it's very comfortable.
    2. If you have condition, just hire a motorbike, go slowly through provinces and there're a lot of landscapes on your way.

4. chrisphh

chrisphh New Member

Hi,
    you should travel by express train with US$25-27 They depart every day and lost about 8 hours (From Ninh Binh to Dong Hoi and return). The types of seats include the hard seat, the soft seat, the hard berth (6 berths) and the soft berth (4 berths), called cabin. Each of the cabin is designed with the air-conditioner and the comfortable seat.

5. Azure Swift

Azure Swift New Member

I searched some reliable agencies through tourism forums such as : Vietnam tour booking, asia group tour but i wonder if they are really reputable. May you give me some advices?