How to get into Sea Lion Island from Stanley

Discussion in 'Falkland Islands' started by DWilliams, May 6, 2018.

1. DWilliams

DWilliams New Member

Hello,

I'm planning for a getaway in Sea Lion Island for about 4 or 5 days with my kids. I have been to Stanley twice, but not to Sea Lion Island. Visiting Stanley next month and would like to know more about like good places, interesting things to do etc., Also, can you please anyone recommend the quickest way to get into Sea Lion Island from Stanley. Are there any places near in Sea Lion Island that you would recommend? I would also like to know a nice hotel to stay. Any suggestions or recommendations... Thanks.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Sea Lion Island is a great natural paradise offering spectacular wildlife. It's located just 16km from east Falkland, and you can reach within 40mins from Stanley by air. There is an air taxi service from Stanley, and you can pre-book online. Sea Lion Lodge is the only accommodation, but very well situated for wildlife observation. If you're looking for nice hotels in Falkland Islands, then visit Falklands Islands Hotels page for more details.
    Sea Lion Island offers many things to do & see, and you can sit quietly enjoy the the seals & sea lions which are lazing on the sandy beach. You can also book a Sea Lion Island tour from Stanley and explore the adventure life.

3. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl New Member

You can visit East Falkland island too during your Sea Lion Island tour. East Falkland is the largest island of the Falklands and located just 16km from Sea Lion Island. It has lot more attractions such as Bluff Cove Lagoon, Gypsy Cove, Volunteer Point and Elephant Beach Farm. I took a Bluff Cove Lagoon Penguin Tour in last year, and it was one of the best tours. I got a wonderful chance to see 1000's of penguins and the penguins were incredible. Don't miss this tour too.