How To Save Money in Punta Cana

Discussion in 'Punta Cana' started by venuspol, Mar 8, 2013.

1. venuspol

venuspol New Member

I wanted to share with you people some tips on how to save money in Punta Cana:

1) Don't use a hotel taxi. Best you walk off the hotel resort you're staying at rather than have the concierge call your taxi because it'll cost you nearly triple a normal fare.

2) Visit Punta Cana during the low season, which is from March to November, to benefit from cheap room rates.

3) Always bargain. Bartering is a way life down there so you can always negotiate with street vendors and taxi drivers.

2. DaneDegale

DaneDegale New Member

the off season is good but the biggest saving is booking your hotel in punta cana as a package. you can save more money by combining your hotel reservation with your flight. When you have a tour package, it’s easier to offer you more discounts.

3. Voulong-Tran

Voulong-Tran New Member

Punta Cana phone scam

all those are good tips. what i would advice too is make sure to bring an activated international calling card with you if you plan to make phone calls back home. don't use hotels phones...I was charged $300 for 3 phone calls of less than 15 minutes each I made there. I only realized this when I go back home and saw the bill;(

4. NapoleonBona

NapoleonBona New Member

Agreed! Traveling during the peak season isn't the best way to save money. Go to Punta Cana between June and August as it's the cheapest time. Also, stay at an all-inclusive resort. I think staying at an all inclusive is the best way to save money overall. I know it sucks to be cooked up inside a resort but most all-inclusives in Punta Cana include fun activities, water sports and tours.