Hurricane Odile cabo san lucas damage

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by VacationBuddy, Jan 9, 2015.

1. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Worried about your upcoming trip to Los Cabos? The worst damage took place in what’s known as “the Corridor,†which is the stretch of beach from around the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. Sheraton’s Hacienda del Mar resort itself was badly damaged.

The good news is that in and around the town of Cabo San Lucas there was barely any damage from Hurricane Odile and what was damaged has been cleared up/or re-built. Medano Beach is bustling with beach bars and souvenir sellers. Even Costco is reopened! As far as hotels, the only two major hotels currently closed in the town of Cabo San Lucas are the ME Cabo and the Capella Pedregal. Other than that, all the hotels on Medano Beach and nearby are opened.

2. isjustcrasg

isjustcrasg New Member

Los Cabos airport opened not long ago back in October...it's true much of Los Cabos is pretty much back to normal, though I would call the hotel or embassy to inquiry and make sure to avoid disappointment.

3. superhermano

superhermano New Member

Hotels on Medano Beach at Cabo San Lucas didn't get damaged as much by Hurricane Odile. Most hotels that are closed are the ones closer to San Jose del Cabo. Many hotels are still under repair partially but open so I would inquiry this since the last thing you want is the sounds of drills spoiling your vacation.

4. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Update: Hurricane Odile cabo san lucas damage

The reopening dates for area hotels/resorts that are still under repair or renovation are as follows:

Jan. 31: The Resort at Pedregal.
    March: Esperanza, an Auberge Resort; Marquis Los Cabos; One&Only Palmilla; The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos.
    April: Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos; Hyatt Place Los Cabos.
    June: Cabo Azul Resort & Spa.
    July: Meliá Cabo Real.