I heart Niagara Falls

Discussion in 'Canada' started by wanderer, Nov 2, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Niagara Falls sure charmed me. We visited in early October, with nothing but blue skies and fluffy clouds. I loved the views, especially from the Skylon Tower and the Niagara Parks visitors center. It seemed like there was a lot to do there, but it wasn't overwhelming. Is it more crowded in the summertime? How could I forget the views from the Clifton Hill Ferris wheel? Man, I loved Niagara Falls. :)

2. gps90

gps90 New Member

You visited Niagara one of the best times in my opinion. If you were to have gone in summer it would have not been the same with all the school kids and tons of tourism. Some folks worry that October may be too cold but hey, I guess they don;t know what they are missing cos the weather is nice and pleasant still;)

3. caligura

caligura New Member

I take it you didn't do a helicopter tour of the falls? Clifton Hill is okay...I love the ferris wheel best too, though they also have wax museums, Ripley's Believe it Not, Guiness World Records, haunted houses, etc. I recommend doing the helicopter tour next time you go (autumn is great and spring after spring break).

4. edi1

edi1 New Member

The falls are beautiful. Definitely get a better view of the horseshoe falls (the larger ones) from the Canadian side, though the Canadian side of the Falls is a little like Las Vegas because of all that tourist paraphernalia. Don't miss the Falls lit up with color at night though!

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I did not take a helicopter tour. I am not that brave! Some of my friends did though, and they loved it. I think the Skylon Tower was high enough for me!

Have y'all seen the pictures of the Falls all frozen over this winter? Those are amazing!

6. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Horseshoe Falls are really amazing. It's really neat to see them from above...we had dinner at the Skylon Tower and I could see them from the hotel where we stayed. That was pretty cool. I'm glad I got to see them. I know that everyone says they're better than the American Falls (which they are). But the American Falls are pretty amazing too.