Ice on Whyte

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Vicolette, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Ok, so there are four ice sculpting festivals upcoming in January and February in China, Japan, Norway, and London for international travelers. For those on the North American continent, the Ice on Whyte international ice sculpting fest takes place January 25 through February 3 in Edmonton.

The festival includes not only world-class artistry in the ice competitions, but also includes plenty to keep visitors busy with exhibits, giant slide, kids interactive area, live music, food, and more. Tickets are $5 for adults and $2.50 for kids ages 2 to 12. Here's the link for more info.

2. Last.Fm

Last.Fm New Member

I last went to the Brugge Belgium Ice sculptures and that was great. This time, i'll sure be going to the Ice on Whyte as Im hearing that the sculptures this year will be even more amazing than the previous years! Vicolette, do you know if the Ice on Whyte will have things like ice slides,ice rinks or children's play areas? I would love to take my kids and nephews...

3. Vicolette

Along with the ice sculpting competitions which are going to be unbelievable given the amount of time the artists have to work, there's plenty of entertainment. The festival has skating, giant slide, storytelling, and an interactive kids area which sounds perfect for your family. Here's a link with more info about the scheduled events and activities. Have fun as this is just one of many upcoming events and things to do!

4. Last.Fm

Last.Fm New Member

cool stuff to do in Edmonton

Superb, thanks for that! I just bought tickets for me, my kids and little nephews. Cannot wait to take them all out and have a blast on the ice rink. Oh by the way Vicolette, I checked the links but would you know of other cool stuff to do in Edmonton besides visiting West Edmonton mall?

5. Vicolette

Last.Fm, here are several other places your family might find interesting. Along with West Edmonton Mall, there's more shopping, dining, and entertainment at Old Strathcona. For the kids, the TELUS World of Science has the Star Wars Identities: The Exhibition going on through April with costumes of the main characters, props, etc. Also, the 44-acre Edmonton Valley Zoo is always a great way to spend the day and for a touch of history, there's Fort Edmonton Park. Enjoy the festival!