Idaho Shakespeare Festival

Discussion in 'Idaho' started by 2be, Jun 6, 2007.

1. 2be

2be New Member

The Idaho Shakespeare Festival has begun! It is one of the most popular events in Boise. I encourage all of your Shakespeare fans to come and enjoy the festival. The Idaho Shakespeare Festival is a great family event too, so don't think you have to be a complete die hard Shakespeare fan. This festival only runs from June until September. So if you're interested, here are the festival details:

When:
    June 1 - July 27 -- Hay Fever
    June 15 - August 17 -- The Tempest
    July 6 - September 2 -- Arsenic and Old Lace
    August 3 - September 1 -- Measure for Measure
    September 7 - September 29 -- Little Shop of Horrors

Where:
    Idaho Shakespeare Festival Amphitheater & Reserve
    5657 Warm Springs Avenue

**it's just adjacent to the Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation's offices.

Time:
    Tuesday - Saturday: 630pm
    Sunday: 530 pm

Cost:
    Ranges from $20 - $300+ + tax (*Now, don't let that $300 scare you. That's the cost of "Box" seat, which is *the* premiere seat)

2. bizda

bizda New Member

I am impressed with the information on Idaho Shakespeare Festival. I love Shakespeare and have read all his works. So, I am planning to make up a trip for the festival next month. We are two adults and two kids and can anyone please suggest a good and affordable place to stay in Idaho?

3. everyann

everyann Guest

There are many choices for Boise hotels, it depends what your budget is and what else in Boise you're planning on visiting. I would recommend the Owyhee Plaza. They've got a budget room that might work out. Let us know how your trip goes.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I love Boise because it's one of the best places in the world to enjoy Basque food. This small Old World region is well represented in the community of Boise, and its restaurants. For example, Bar Gernika serves the Solomo Sandwich, which is pork with pimienots on a fresh roll, and a twist on paella, serving it with chicken, chorizo and saffron.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Do they do anything in the off season? Any indoor performances in the winter?

6. galletoJ

galletoJ New Member

Idaho winter events

don't think that the Idaho Shakespeare Festival does any events in the winter, though there are plenty of local events in the winter such as:

- the Sandpoint Winter Carnival, January 12 - 19
    - McCall Winter Carnival, January 28 - February 6
    - Sun Valley Nordic Festival, January 29 - February 6
    - Priest River Sled Dog Race, February 5 - 6