idaho state parks

Discussion in 'Idaho' started by gruposd212, Apr 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gruposd212

gruposd212 New Member

hi!

We are a couple of fishing newbies and we're looking for good areas to catch some fish?

Cheers

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Hi,

The Boise River is perhaps the best known spot amongst fishing enthusiasts specially for trout and the one I would suggest for fly fishing.

Because the river runs through the city of Boise, it passes through public parks such as Barber Park and Eagle Island making these spots the most convenient places to do fly fishing.

Another great spot for fishing is the Salmon River which is a great place for fishing of Steelhead between the months of March and April.

Be aware, the Upper part of Salmon River is located in the Sawtooth National Forest, and therefore you will need a special Sawtooth National Recreation permit in order to fish these waters.

The Lower Salmon River is better for fly fishing and fishing of Steelhead if you travel between September September and November.

Travadvice360

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

With 30 state parks, you'll have many choices for fishing. Ruby listed some great places to go fishing in the entire state. I checked with the State Parks website and found some good advice about fishing. It looks like Henry's Lake State Park is a favorite place for fishing. It's located just 15 miles from Yellowstone National Park, and the mountain lake is an excellent place to find trout of several varieties.The scenery just make take your breath away too!

4. qalatonyu

qalatonyu New Member

henry lake state park

I stayed in Henry's Lake State Park 4 nights this summer while on a week long camping trip. We loved there and I would recommend it because this park is very near to West Yellowstone and it doesn't get as crowded. The camping spots were okay, though they didn't provide much privacy because of the lack of trees.

The rangers at this park were very helpful though, and the lake is great fishing and canoeing. Overall, I would recommend the Henry's Lake State Park especially if you are just looking to fish, hike and camp:)