India tours

Discussion in 'Nepal' started by devoiusone, Jun 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. devoiusone

devoiusone New Member

Hello,
    We’re wondering what sort of tour you would recommend while in India?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Hi there,

India tours to the south offer a very different experience as India's south western shores are home to the laid back hippy enclave of Goa and the sprawling hub of Bollywood movie industry in Mumbai.

On the southern coast, the tropical beaches of Cochin and Chennai set amongst beautiful and lush jungle canopy are home to ancient backwaters which sustain local fishing industries.

The coast is a world away from India's north with southern spice plantations and Indian Ocean beach resorts.

3. Kai31410

Kai31410 New Member

Hi...
    Usually I'm quite happy to make my own way around a place, but after reading so many helpful postings from Namaste India Tours (full of sensible advice and never touting for business), and finding myself in Delhi, I decided to check out their services first hand and I was very glad I did.Among other things, they do City Tours... you can plan out your own tour or just leave it up to them to make suggestions. I'd already been to the Red Fort, Jama Masjid and Humayun's Tomb the day before and now I wanted to go a bit further afield. Jawahar, one of the very nice owners of the business, came to meet me at my hotel and delivered me into the capable hands of Mr Singh, my driver for the afternoon. We manged to fit in all I wanted (Safdarjang's Tomb, Lodi Gardens, Qutb Minar, Bahai Temple, and the sunset qawwali session at the Shrine of Nizam-ud-din) in six hours.

Completely hassle free - whereas bargaining for rickshaws from any of the main attractions involves negotiating the number of shops he'll take you to, i.e. "How much?" "Eighty rupees" "No, 30 rupees" "40 rupees and two shops" "No shops" "60 rupees and one shop" "No shops!!" etc. etc.

And able to dawdle for as long as you like at each site... and I do tend to do that. This is a big plus over one of the city bus tours.

Mr Singh was great - knowledgeable, a good driver, and off driving someone around Rajasthan, Hampi and Varanasi for 3 weeks. They have other drivers though.

So, if you are after a city tour, or a longer trip out of Delhi in the comfort and convenience of a car, or even if you just want to be picked up at the airport and taken to the hotel YOU want to go to rather than one the taxi driver wants to take you to...

4. jitendraa

jitendraa New Member

Hello !!!!!!!

a tour is the best way to spend your holidays in india, and the country is so touristy so there is a big tourist infrastructure.....

5. armagedon44

armagedon44 New Member

tips for booking tours in India

just wanted to mention that not all tour operators in India are legitimate, although im not saying they may be unsafe for travelers. I personally would do this before booking a tour: 1) read online reviews 2)get recommendations for the company 3)make sure the tour company is part of the Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI), Indian Association or Tour Operators (IATO) and Adventure Tour Operators Association of India (ATOAI).