is Belarus a nice place to travel?

Discussion in 'Belarus' started by UrbanoXX, Dec 17, 2010.

1. UrbanoXX

UrbanoXX New Member

I have been to poland but never to Belarus but I am going this year on course for 3 months and I am wondering the country is like? Are people nice? and what are the prices like compared to other European countries?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

I've been to Belarus but wasn't there for very long (like 2 weeks). I can say to definitely try to get to brest as it is an interesting place to explore because of all the WWIl remainders such as the amazing Brest fortress, which is is famous for its defense against the Nazis.

I got to be in Minsk for a few days for a city tour and loved it! The old city was almost destroyed, but there are still a few buildings dating from the old times. You can visit the St Mary Magdeline Church, which is an Orthodox church that was built during the first half of the 19th century.

3. BlackEyes

BlackEyes New Member

Never been to Belarus yet, but I heard that it is a wonderful place to visit. I myself am quite interested in seeing what this country has to offer.

4. doris greys

doris greys New Member

I think that it's interesting place to visit, because Belarus is the unique place which is contained the features as Europe as Russia. There are several ancient castles. Belarus is famous of blue lakes nd green forest.

5. gerryw80

gerryw80 New Member

What is the best time to travel to Belarus? winter or in summer?