Is Dubai a great place for shopping?

Discussion in 'United Arab Emirates' started by travelabroad, Sep 16, 2012.

1. travelabroad

travelabroad New Member

Hi, I would like to know where I can go for the cheapest deals in UAE. Will Dubai be a good place to start with?

2. weallevery3

weallevery3 New Member

Dubai is like Mecca of shopping in this part of the world...if you love shopping you will love it there in Dubai, though unlike western cities Dubai is all about the malls. There are hundreds of them, some of them are cities in themselves and they house almost any brand you can imagine.

3. perolop

perolop New Member

things to buy in Dubai

asking if Dubai is a great place for shopping is like asking if Disneyland is a fun place to be. Shopping doesn't get any better than in Dubai especially for booze and cigs. Alcohol and cigarettes are extremely cheap, while designer goods are less expensive than America or Europe. also, you can get a good buy from the gold souks if you're looking to get some jewellery.

4. nite-nite-nite

nite-nite-nite New Member

I would either go to the Mall of the Emirates or Dubai Mall for shopping, though my favorite place is Dubai Mall because of its size and attractions such as the Souk Al Bahar, Fountain, Aquarium, etc. Saying this, if you want to do designer shopping, I'd go to the Mall of the Emirates. they have shops like Loui Vettoin, Harvey Nichols, Debenhams and Centerpoint.

5. dubaidhow

dubaidhow New Member

Definitely yes, shopping malls like Al Ghurair Centre and Jumeirah Plaza provides you the best stuff, but for the cheapest deals I don't think you will get anything food despite some tricky websites.

6. curlysue

curlysue New Member

If you want to shop for electronics, Dubai is one great option. Check out Emax.