Is Egypt getting more stable?

Discussion in 'Egypt' started by mitraveler, Mar 18, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

It's been more than a year since the protests, so how are things going? Is it time to go back to Egypt?

2. enemygates

enemygates New Member

Egypt's tourist spots are okay

that's a hard one to answer to be honest, are u planning to go?..there's a travel warning advisory yet many people are still traveling there. Generally, Egypt's tourist spots like Sharm and Hurghada are open for business and Nile cruises are operating as normal.

3. jennifer1234

jennifer1234 New Member

Egypt has always been a favorite destination for tourists from all over the world.

4. Prendomino

Prendomino New Member

don't bother with travel advices

Egypt has always had its doors opened to the world...don't bother with travel advices particularly coming from the fco.gov site. The reavel warning is such a joke and doesn't actually inform you why there's unrest in the country. Let me illustrate by writing one sentence from the paragraph: "Due to the significant increase in the risk of criminal activity...". Criminal activity isn't the reason why there's a revolution in Egypt and people are protesting.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Re: Egypt's tourist spots are okay

I'm not sure where I want to go next. I have a million ideas!

6. amiramo

amiramo New Member

well if you plan on coming to Egypt, i'd suggest avoiding protest sites, dont go to tahrir square or any of the places that demonstrations happen, places like Luxor and Aswan are generally safe, though they are not crowded at all (considering that they usually are). sinai had some kidnappings im afraid, so if u go dont wander off on ur own, Cairo and Alexandria are the main city with protests but currently they are not intensified but probably will in the upcoming days (political reasons)- protests are usually on friday, everything is normal the rest of the week

7. worldtravelhub

worldtravelhub New Member

Now that elections in Egypt are over. All seems much more settled. But even during the last year Egypt was safe at tourist locations (Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh...)

8. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Thanks for all of the updates! It seems like there are still some pockets in instability, but it's usually pretty safe in the tourist areas. I appriciate the input.