Is Johannesburg an adventuros place or not?

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by fcAnnie, Sep 15, 2012.

1. fcAnnie

fcAnnie New Member

Hi guys

I wanna go for an adventurous trip in my upcoming holidays with my friends for 7 days. I am thinking of Johannesburg but not sure whether it will be as adventurous as we want or not? So plz give your suggestions as I don't want to waste my money and time in some place which is not as adventurous as I want.

2. backat1

backat1 New Member

how adventurous do you want it to be? Jo'burg is a city and like most cities adventure pursuits are limited if not rare. you will have to venture just outside of Jo'burg for some fun...for instance, you could go to the Klipriver nature reserve, the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens and the Magalies mountain sanctuary. you could hire a jeep and explore all places on a day trips..

3. fcAnnie

fcAnnie New Member

I want a total adventurous trip which should be full of risks.Can you suggest any other place which could be very adventurous?

4. kidloco

kidloco New Member

Johannesburg for the tourist

I wouldn't say Jo'burg would be a place I'd go for adventure per say. I guess it depends what you mean by "adventure". Jo'burgh is a great place to visit because of the people and buzzing atmosphere but you have to be really careful there. There's always plenty to do indoors like seeing a movie and outdoors like taking a tour of Soweto, visit the Gold Reef City and the Apartheid Museum. You' may be surprised, but Jo'burg is just like any other major city;)