is malaysia worth going to

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by lee gurr2, Jul 6, 2008.

1. lee gurr2

lee gurr2 New Member

hi i have just started planning a around the world trip and malaysia is one of the destinations i would like to visit i know a bit about malaysia but not a great deal and would just like to find out more if any one could help me. I have never traveled before and i am doing my rtwt by myself so don't really know what to expect

2. patriciamd

patriciamd New Member

Any place for me is worth visiting as long as there's no terrible disease or terrorists going around. Check this page out for some info on Malaysia.

3. Keong

Keong New Member

Hi there...
    I am a Malaysian so naturally I will try to convince you to come visit but with all honestly, I think it depends on what interests you. If you are looking for great shopping, I think my neighboring country down south has more to offer. If you like jungle trekking, nature walks etc (like me :), then Malaysia is the place to go.

4. khatrineluz

khatrineluz New Member

Malaysia people are nice and hospitable...It has nice spots and pleasurable places to go too, although the country is one of the fastest growing economy in Asia, many of the islands, mountains, lakes and rivers are still clean and unpolluted.

5. claire909

claire909 New Member

Malaysia is very nice place but i would like to ask your budget & for what purpose you are going there coz there are so many packages depending on your budget.

6. LisaGS

LisaGS New Member

I've been to Malaysia many times and continue to find new things to marvel at every time I go. It helps to know people there but it isn't necessary....we go off the beaten track and find that if you are prepared to do and eat as the locals do, you will be welcomed with open arms. English is widely spoken, especially in more industrialised centres. You can choose from beaches, diving, jungle trekking, mountain retreats, and of course, the amazing Kuala Lumpur with all that amazing food and shops. Taman Negara is great if you get the chance, and don't cheat and go by road - take the boat! Have fun and enjoy your trip!

7. JohnMcIntosh

JohnMcIntosh New Member

Hi as for as i have concerned Malaysia is a must visit place. You can get everything there. People are very good and helping. Natural beauty of Malaysia is worth to be praised.

8. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Hi, if you are a beach lover then plan your Malaysia vacation between May and September as the weather is pleasant and perfect for enjoying water sports. In addition to Batu Caves, Borneo Rainforest, Mount Kinabalu, Pantai Cenang, Petronas Towers, don't miss to visit the most exciting place Pantai Cenang. It's my favourit place and visited twice during my Malaysia vacation. Pantai Cenang is a perfect choice if you're looking for a relax vacation in Malaysia, it's a south-western tip of Langkawi and located just 30 minutes from Kuah. Pantai Cenang has the most charming beach with delightful sunset I've ever seen before anywhere, hope everyone likes Pantai Cenang :)

9. Jbetia

Jbetia New Member

KL got nothing except the petronas tower and shopping is expensive too. For good beaches and good lifestyle i find Penang good and then can go to Phuket nearby in Thailand for a better experience. For shopping in Asia Thailand and china is the best.
    Cheers

10. DilbertPart2

DilbertPart2 New Member

If you only have a week to spend in Malaysia where could that be?

11. Galler

Galler New Member

I've visited Malaysia a few times, it's absolutely full of beauty. Can never get enough of Malaysia, I still plan to go back again.

12. Ferniz

Ferniz New Member

im staying at singapore and i love gg to malaysia! lost of cheap and good food YUM!

13. johnkhoo

johnkhoo New Member

In Malaysia, It is best to travel to Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Melacca, Sabah & Sarawak. These states has the most tourism destinations or attractions.

14. traveling2u

traveling2u New Member

Sure, malaysia is worth to go. Is a tropicana country, whole year with sunny, windy day. Will raining sometimes.
    Malaysia rich of natural recreation place, like mountain, beach and island.

15. Christopher01

Christopher01 New Member

yes.. its really worth going to Malaysia... but shopping is a little expensive.. but there is a lot to do over there...

16. reno27

reno27 New Member

yup, it's expensive to shop there.
    but, its really worth if we want to go for sightseeing.
    The Genting Highland was one of my fav place to go...

n their Petronas tower, its so cool...