island hopping or staying in St Thomas

Discussion in 'US Virgin Islands' started by Hpo, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Hpo

Hpo New Member

I am planning a romantic trip to the U.S. Virgin Islands with my girlfriend and could do with some sound advice. It'll be a short trip there...only 10 days but we would like to visit all three islands, may on an island hopping tour? I am not sure about this, has anyone done it?I Do you think we should just pick one island and spend all of our time there? Any suggestions on how we should split our time would be appreciated;)

2. polivt

polivt New Member

regular flights to St Croix

You can book some sort of island tour for St Croix but you can easily get from St Thomas to St John by ferry (it's just about 20 mins). St Croix is much further away from St Thomas and St Johns and the only way to get there is by air. Seabourne and Cape Air both offer regular flights to St Croix from either St Thomas or St Johns but since you're only there for 10 days I personally wouldn't bother because 10 days will be just about enough time to explore both St Thomas and St Johns.

3. Heruiop

Heruiop New Member

St Thomas vs St Johns vs St Croix

Are you looking for a secluded type vacation or a place with good nightlife? if you want to stay somewhere lively, I'd suggest staying in either St Thomas or St Johns because they have many bars, they're very close together and from either island you can easily visit Jost Van Dyke. I think St Croix can also be doable in 10 days..may be spend the last two nights in St Croix but no more than that because you get get bored;)

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

With 10 days, you should have plenty of time to see the islands and even go beyond the Virgin Islands. It's only a few hours to take the ferry to Puerto Rico, so you could make a day trip there if you're feeling adventurous, Hpo.