Jackson Hole Tram

Discussion in 'Wyoming' started by wanderer, Oct 7, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Has anyone had the chance to ride the Jackson Hole Tram? It's one of the newer attractions in this scenic region. The original tram stopped running on 2005, but the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort started the tram up again, making sure it's comfortable and fun to ride up the mountain. It's a great place to watch the fireworks--for up to 100 people--and enjoy the Jackson Hole scenery.

2. CrimsonBay

CrimsonBay New Member

it's a pity it closed... it took about 11 minutes to get to the top though it was powered by 1000hp engines. However, what is interesting is that neither the old or new trams have been built by Americans. If my memory serves me well, the original tram was constructed by an Austrian company, while the new tram was constructed by Swiss one.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Glad to see they've brought the tram back. Adds so much to sightseeing. I haven't ridden the Jackson Hole Tram but have ridden the The Summit Skyride at Stone Mountain Georgia. Great way to get a bird's eye view of the scenery from on-high.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I do love the tram at Stone Mountain, but actually I do love about everything about that park, especially the laser show. Speaking of trams, there's a new tram coming to Vail Village in Colorado. It's a big deal this year in Vail. The city is turning 50 and is launching the new gondola in November. Besides Vail where else can you ride a tram?

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Folks heading to Juneau Alaska can take the scenic ride 1800-feet up in an enclosed gondola on the Mount Roberts Tramway. There's plenty to do when you arrive with a restaurant, gift shop, nature center, raptor center, theater, and an expansive trail system available. The tram operates May through September.