Jordan tour

Discussion in 'Jordan' started by mrjones, Aug 31, 2008.

1. mrjones

mrjones New Member

hi all, I'm planning on doing some interesting things at Jordan, especially city tours. I want to spend a full day in one city of Jordan, so can anyone advise me how many days do I need for my Jordan tour. I would like to visit museums, zoos, natural sites, historical sites and like to do all the intersting activities. so please help on everything about Jordan including when to visit, things to do, attractions etc., Any advise would be appreciated. many thanks.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Hi Jones, I have done a 7 night Jordan tour few years back and visited Petra, Amman,Jerash and the Dead Sea. Better plan your trip during in spring that is from March to May or in Autumn that's from September to November, other months are hot, so book your tickets accordingly.

Amman is the capital of Jordan and has many interesting things to see & do. Jerash, the great temple of Amman, Omayyad palace & the Archaeological museum are some of the must see places.

Jerash is located about 31 miles (50km) north of Amman and this ancient city is considered to be one of the best preserved Roman sites in the world. The annual Jerash festival of culture and arts is held in July, where artists from around the world participate, they sing, dance, act and play music during this Jordan event.

Dead Sea is located about 28 miles from Amman and nothing lives in this sea. You can swim anywhere in the Dead Sea but i haven't.

Petra is considered as the most famous city of Jordan and located 262 km south of Amman. It has over 800 individual monuments, including tombs, temples, buildings, baths, funerary halls, colonnaded streets and arched gateways. Better visit Petra in early morning or late afternoon, it will be gorgeous.

Jordan is a small country but has good infrastructure, first class hotels, restaurants and loads of shopping opportunities, so have a nice Jordan vacation.

3. mrjones

mrjones New Member

Thanks Andrew, is it possible to visit both Syria and Jordan with in 7 days, i'm thinking of to combine my jordan trip with Syria, only i would like to visit worthful places, so suggest if possible.

4. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

To explore completely, you need atleast 15 days, but if you like to visit only the must sees then i think you will make it within 7 days. Plan for the top sights in Jordan & Syria and make your trip comfortable.

5. mrjones

mrjones New Member

it's a good idea and now I decided to visit only Jordan this time, may be next year I plan for a combined tour. I need a comfortable Jordan vacation not a hurry vacation :)