Kenyan game park

Discussion in 'Kenya' started by Shareoni, Mar 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Shareoni

Shareoni New Member

hiya,

Anyone here knows or can offer advice on the best Kenyan game park for observing the 'big five'?

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

The most famous of the Kenyan game parks is the Maasai Mara and it's perhaps one of the best that Kenya has to offer.

The Maasai Mara boasts scores of native animals that includes the 'Big Five'. In addition to the animals here, you will be treated to big skies, sprawling savannas, and more.

The Masai Mara game park is also home to the Masai people, who are known for their tall stature and distinct red robes.

I would suggest this park as there's something so magical about taking a Maasai Mara Kenya safari.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. ZiaraSafaris

ZiaraSafaris New Member

From my experiences in many of the Kenyan game parks, the Masai Mara is definitely the best reserve to spot the 'big five', however I am also very fond of Amboseli due to the Mount Kilimanjaro backdrop.

4. Magical Adventures

Magical Adventures New Member

Masai Mara is definitely one of Kenya's most scenic and rewarding wildlife sanctuaries and the reserve includes chances to see the Big Five. However during a shorter itinerary it will not be easy to find shy rhinos, especially during the Great Migration in Masai Mara. An itinerary of 4 days can bring you one night to Lake Nakuru National Park and 2 to more nights to Masai Mara National Reserve.

Lake Nakuru boasts the world largest population of flamingos, tree-climbing lions, Rothschild giraffe, leopard, water bucks, furthermore 100 % guarantee to view both black and/or white rhinos and many species of birds. Drives between Lake Nakuru and Masai Mara will take you through Kenya's Great Rift Valley which boasts some stunning sceneries on-route.

Hope this helps.