Kimpton Hotels

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by d360, Jun 25, 2013.

1. d360

d360 Administrator

Kimpton Hotels fine print

A recent mailer of Kimpton Hotels caught my attention. In the fine print it says "Kimpton Hotels reserves the right to cancel reservations booked with erroneous room rates. Not that anyone would do something sneaky like that."

Its sounds rather arrogant like blaming a guest for a room rate error they may make or am I reading this wrong?

The entire text reads:
    Terms & Conditions:
    Welcome to the terms and conditions, a.k.a. "small print," where we are obliged to let you know that this prepaid, nonrefundable Kimpton InTouch exclusive offer is subject to availability and valid for stays from June 22, 2013 to September 1, 2013. Offer must be booked by June 27, 2013, under the rate code of "20DEAL." The world being the way it is, additional taxes and fees may apply. Not valid in conjunction with any other promotions or offers. Not valid for discounted or negotiated rates, groups or existing reservations. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Offer not available: July 12- 13 and August 2- 4. Finally, Kimpton Hotels reserves the right to cancel reservations booked with erroneous room rates. Not that anyone would do something sneaky like that.

2. Nofear333

Nofear333 New Member

Lol, I see what you mean..their statement is open to interpretation I guess. I don't quite get whether they're trying to be funny (as in sarcastic), or whether they mean it. Saying this, being T&C's I doubt they're trying to be funny so, it's likely that they mean what they say.

3. MallorcaPP

MallorcaPP New Member

the way I read it is that they're trying to cover their backs in case one of their employees makes a mistake or they make a mistake selling a room too cheap..."right to cancel reservations booked with erroneous room rates". I wonder though, if they overpriced a room, would they do the same?

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It seems strange to call that nonrefundable booking...hopefully they'll refund your money (or not charge you) if they choose to cancel your reservations. I am not a fan of sarcasm in the fine print. In real life, yes, but not in the legal mumbo jumbo.