King Tut in Grand Rapids

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by Vicolette, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Many years ago I took the train from Atlanta to New Orleans so I could see the King Tut exhibit. After waiting in line from 6am until forever, we finally made it inside to see the ancient treasures. I have to say it was one of the most amazing exhibits ever and has had a long lasting effect.

If you're planning to be in Grand Rapids anytime from now until January 2016, take time to visit the Grand Rapids Museum to see over 1000 recreations of what was found in Tut's tomb in 1922. Hand-crafted by Egyptian artisans, you'll get a glimpse of what Howard Carter first saw when the tomb was opened.

2. SittingINN

SittingINN New Member

This museum is great fun for the whole family...plenty of hands on activities and cool exhibits of animals, vintage toys and money. There is also a planetarium and a merry-go-round carousel.

3. radiotulip

radiotulip New Member

I had the opportunity to see the gold mask of King Tut back in the 70's though I don't think they have this at this museum or any other in the US. Go and visit the King Tut exhibit before it is ends sometime in January 2016.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Same here. I had the privilege of seeing the mask and much more on the exhibit that was touring back in the 70s. I took the train from Atlanta to New Orleans then stood in line for several hours to get in. To see the ancient treasures of Egypt and King Tut up-close was worth the wait. It's something you never forget.