Krak Des Chevaliers Syria

Discussion in 'Syria' started by 34drs, Jul 2, 2008.

1. 34drs

34drs New Member

Taking a road trip from Damascus to Krak des Chevalier, so how long will it take? is it worth a visit, also i'm going to stay there for a night, so please suggest a clean, safe hotel around there. I'm traveling with my G.F so accommodation for two. thanks for the coming responses...

2. richards

richards New Member

hello drs, our trip to Krak Des Chevaliers Syria last May was wonderful and the hotel in which we stayed in Damascus has arranged a bus trip to this castle. But it was a long journey to see the only one site, but we had no chance. The travel took 2 hours but nice. The Krak Des Chevaliers is a well preserved castle and it stands 650 meters above sea level. After walking through the entrance, we saw a small town with a large hall, courtyards, church and chapel, aqueducts and living quarters. Really it was worth a visit. But better visit early otherwise it's packed with tourists. I suggest you visit during sunrise because it's a great time to enjoy the view of the castle in a magnificent light. Hope this would be helpful. sorry, no idea on hotels.

3. 34drs

34drs New Member

is it, it will take 2 hours, no problem.anyway thanks richards for the info. on the trip even you don't have any idea on the hotels in Krak Des Chevaliers, i'll ask someone or i will wait for some more responses.

4. 2m2pl

2m2pl New Member

hello, few months back I made my way to Krak des Chevaliers and stayed in Al-Riad hotel, one of the nice and nearest hotels for Krak Des Chevaliers, so call at +963 33 525335 and make tour enquiries. all the best!