Lake Michigan is awesome now

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by mitraveler, Jul 16, 2014.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

This is the time of year to head to the beaches along Lake Michigan. There's a long stretch of beaches between Chicago and the Michigan border. You'll find some amazing scenery plus golden sand and lots of nice, gentle waves to play in. I enjoy the beaches of the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore and Washington Park in Michigan City. A walk to the lighthouse is a must, and I think the parking is most accessible here. It doesn't take long to get from the parking lot to the shore.

2. Dontknow

Dontknow New Member

Lake Michigan is so huge first I time I saw it It thought it was an ocean! My highlight there were the sunsets which are amazing when viewed from the dunes of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. One thing though is that the water is way to cold to swim even in summer.

3. Oliver-benji

Oliver-benji New Member

Hiking and climbing the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore is one of the coolest things you can do along the southern shore of Lake Michigan. There's an attraction there called Mount Baldy, which is a dune that stands at an impressive 123 feet tall and is the largest moving dune. If you want to do mostly boating, be sure to stay in the South Shore area of Lake Michigan as it has many harbors for boat entry and fishing charters.