Lamanai Tour From Ambergris Caye

Discussion in 'Belize' started by arethawitty, Nov 1, 2008.

1. arethawitty

arethawitty New Member

Just got back home after a fun vacation in Ambergris Caye. We stayed at El Pescador. This is a lovely place. The staff, the water, the dives, and all that came with the package. It was only my husband and I on this vacation. We usually travel in groups. This year was a little different. We wanted to do it all on our own.

The only problem we found was booking the tour of Lamanai. The staff at El Pescador refused to book us for the Lamanai excursion because it was only two of us. We were very disappointed. We took a walk downtown to try to hook up with another company that will be offering the excursion.

We visited two companies and had the same problem. They don't do the tours if they don't have atlest 8 persons for the tours. We met a couple who had the same problem. A cop was passing by and I stopped him and asked him if he can assist us with booking this excursion. He told us about an X-cop ( Donald ) who owns a tour company ( Action Boys Belize ). He gave us only his number. We called the number and spoke to some one who identified himself as Donald Ramirez. I told him about our interest in the lamanai tour. He instructed us to board the first ferry the following morning at 7:00. The other couple joined us for the excursion. When we arrive in Belize City Donald was there with a sign. We entered his Ford Explorer and off we went.

When we arrive at the boat an hour later, Jason was there with fresh food, sodas, and water for us. The river cruise was very relaxing. The tour of the ruins was also great. We had a fun time on this tour and would recommend to all.

It is so sad that the hotels and resorts on Ambergris Caye will not do tours if they don't have 8 persons. I am hoping that this will change soon.

2. peaski

peaski New Member

I'm glad you had a good trip and were still able to do the tour. That is unfortunate that they wouldn't book unless they had eight people. I'm surprised they didn't do a list of some sort where you could tentatively sign up and if they got eight people, they'd do it. When we were Guatemala, they did the tours that way. You didn't have to be in one group; they did a combined trip with people who signed up and it seemed to work out well.

3. arethawitty

arethawitty New Member

We are heading back to Belize for our vacation again. This time we will be in San Ignacio. We have made arrangements with Donald Ramirez of "Action Boys Belize' to pick us up for a tour of a Mayan Village. We are so exciting to meet Mayan people. This is the high light of this trip to Belize. We may go ofer to Ambergris Caye for a day or two.

Belize, here we come.