langkawi island

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by 12truper, Mar 25, 2009.

1. 12truper

12truper New Member

hello people, We're doing a trip of a lifetime to Malaysia, and we like the idea of staying in langkawi island. i would welcome any useful info and maybe recommended accommodations?
    Thanks
    Sinead

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi Sinead,

If you are planning to travel to Langkawi Island, your best bet would be to go west of the Island as it is the most touristy bit and where the nightlife can be found.

I have a couple of suggestions for you, all within budget:

* The Eagle Bay Hotel, which is located in Kuah town. Prices start at around $30 per night and offers amenities such as color TV, telephone, fridge, etc.

* The Zackry Guest House Hotel, which is situated on Tengah Beach and offers similar amenities as above.

Some places you might want to visit are:

* The Crocodile Farm
    * The Durian Perangin Waterfall
    * The spectacular Seven Wells waterfall
    * The Snake Sanctuary

Hope this helps
    VacationBuddy

3. traveling2u

traveling2u New Member

Hi..Langkawi island, is the only places at Malaysia which do not charge for any goverment tax. Is a free tax island. You may enjoy alcohol drinks, shoppings, long white sandy beach, natural lake with eagles feed and so on. Is worth to go.

4. traveling2u

traveling2u New Member

Hi.. Langkawi island is worth to go. Is a duty free island, is great for those who like shopping. You may get cheap alcohol and choclate here as well. A lot attraction places: white sandy beach, eagle feeding, underwater world, bicycle around the island.. etc. I like to go Langkawi Island so much.