Lansing Michigan things to do

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by GPS007, May 28, 2009.

1. GPS007

GPS007 New Member

hey guys,

we're going down Lansing Michigan next week and I was wondering what sort of things you can get up to?

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi there,

The small town of Lansing offers numerous specialty boutiques and galleries for shopping. Also, Cooley Gardens is a great place to spend with family and friends for a picnic at one of its pavilion sites.

Fenner Nature Center is another great place where you can enjoy outdoors activities and take in the area woods, ponds, and fields on some of the center's self-guided nature trails.

If you are looking to do more outdoor activities, you'll find some great Michigan camping and Michigan hiking at a Lansing-area state park like Sleepy Hollow.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. bibimbap22

bibimbap22 New Member

downtown Lansing has a few good restaurants and bars, but it's also worth it to drive into East Lansing and hit up some of the college haunts and coffee houses. MSU has a gorgeous campus. bars can be a little pricier but there are always nightly specials somewhere

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Don't go to MSU on a football day! I learned the hard way there's nothing but traffic in Lansing then. I took my niece to the 5 Children's Museum, and we had a great time.

Lansing, as you probably know, is the state capital. The capitol building is quite elegant, and it's open for tours.