Last minute getaway to Maldives

Discussion in 'Maldives' started by travelholic, Dec 18, 2012.

1. travelholic

travelholic New Member

Hello, I am thinking of booking a last minute getaway to Maldives for Christmas with my boyfriend. I am thinking of booking through Flight Centre HK as I won't have time to do research into hotels and airfares. Has anyone used them before and what do you think of them? Also, what else is there to do besides snorkling/diving and hanging at the beach? I appreciate any insight! Thanks!

2. mezzanine

mezzanine New Member

Are you flying from Hong Kong? How much are they quoting you? As far as I can see flights with flight center from Hong Kong to Maldives start at around $4,000. I heard they're quite pricey and arent't very good.by reading their poor reviews online. To be honest I haven't used them but after reading the reviews I'd probably look elsewhere..

3. shehata

shehata New Member

Avoid Flight Centre

Not sure about Flight Centre HK, but the UK branch one has terrible customer service so I have been put off booking flights with them anymore. Flight centre is supposed to be able to change flight dates and beat the price of their competitors but not for me. I ended up paying up £300 for a flight change and as far as beating the price, the wouldn't because apparently they can only match live prices (whatever that means).

4. philipposta

philipposta New Member

Yep, the Maldives is one of the nicest places to snorkel, especially in Mirihi Island, which has an amazing house reef and beautiful over-water bungalows where you can stay. Aside from snorkeling, scuba diving and fishing, the other thing to do there is shopping in the souvenir shops for craft pieces, wood carvings, leather goods, fashion items and stuff like that. To be honest, shopping isnt the reason to travel to the Maldives but at least it is duty-free.