learning to ski

Discussion in 'Ski Areas' started by ramirez43, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ramirez43

ramirez43 New Member

hello,

How long does it realistic take for the average person learning to ski. I am wondering if it'll be harder for a grown up to grasp the basics?

Has anyone got any tips to make the process or learning to ski easier? any ideas or input is very welcome!:)

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

hello Ramirez,

Age doesn't really play a major role in learning to ski, and once you get the basics, your skills should only keep improving. I reckon around 12 ski lessons should just be enough.

Also, modern-day skis are designed to do a lot of the work, so you'll be surprised how quickly you get the basics down.

One tip I can give you, it's to use wider skis on a powder day and to use shorter skis as they'll allow you to make turns easier.

3. dallsoup

dallsoup New Member

learning to ski fast

if anyone is looking to learn to ski fast or to learn to ski at all you need to let go! Im a trainer and I find that the people who are the least afraid, are the people who learn the fastest.

If you aren't afraid you will be able to concentrate on what you are doing, instead of your mind being elsewhere. Also, without fear you will be able to make lots of mistakes and find out all the ways not to do something as well as the ways to do it.