Live bands

Discussion in 'Las Vegas Nightlife and Afterhours' started by vavona_burr, Mar 15, 2008.

1. vavona_burr

vavona_burr New Member

My partner and I are going to LV on 26th April for 6 nights staying at the MGM and we want to see some live bands whilst we are there.

We'd like to see any Rock, Indie, Americana, Reggae, Country if possible.

Any ideas/recommendations?

TIA

2. downtownsteve

downtownsteve New Member

Hi,
    Your best bet for local/regional indie rock would be in Downtown Las Vegas/Fremont East Entertainment District either at The Beauty Bar, or The Bunkhouse. Though there are other live music venues in the immediate area worth exploring too. They both have different types of bands on various nights. Beauty Bar is on East Fremont just east of Las Vegas Blvd, The Bunkhouse is on 124 S. 11th St.....about 5 blocks east of the Beauty Bar. The Fremont East Entertainment district is emerging as quite the place for the cool kids and hipsters of all ages.

For basic classic rock you can't beat Yellow Brick Road at Boulder Station on Friday and Saturday nights at Boulder Station in The Railhead Lounge. No cover charge and a well rehearsed band with excellent sound. Expect the likes of The Who, Rush, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, etc. They start at 10 or 11 pm. Also on many Friday nights at the same place starting at about 7 or so is The Lon Bronson Band....a 15 piece band that rips out a blend of Rock, soul, funk, jazz, blues, occasional Dean and Frank type rat pack sounds.

Live reggae is a little tougher to find...but not impossible. The entertainment paper "Las Vegas Weekly" has kind of a classified section of live music in the valley that has a reggae section. Many of the entries are record spins...some are live bands.

Country music is not my specialty....however if you google The Clydsdale...they are a kind of rootsy, country, Patsie Cline-ish, up tempo cowpunky, kind of band that are really good.

I'm not sure what "Americana" is...so I can't help you there.

You might want to pick up a free copy of City Life for music info too. Copies of City Life and Las Vegas Weekly are available in various locations, off the strip....gas stations, night spots, record shops, etc.

Oh! And a rarity on the strip...The Beatles Revolution Lounge at The Mirage is doing live indie music on Tuesday nights along with the awesome turntable stylings of The Bargan DJ Collective....no cover...pricey drinks, incredable atmosphere.

Enjoy!

3. VegasEd

VegasEd Guest

My friends at Vegas Rocks Magazine is a good place to start..they are linked to alot of the local scene for bands...check them at http://www.myspace.com/vegasrocksmagazine

VE!