location of Karnak Temple

Discussion in 'Egypt' started by helpme, Oct 5, 2008.

1. helpme

helpme New Member

hi, where is the Temple of Karnak located, i'm vising Cairo in early Jan.09 and wondering how to visit this temple.anyone advice me to get into Karnak Temple from Cairo, thanks in advance.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Karnak Temple is one of the popular ancient wonders and it is located near Luxor. This temple is very popular for its Hypostyle hall with 134 tall columns. Daily flights are available from Cairo to Luxor and you can book through Egypt Airlines. The flying time lasts about 50 minutes and cost about $250. Hope this helps!

3. helpme

helpme New Member

Is Karnak temple located in the Luxor city or do I need to travel further more, can you please suggest how to get into this temple from Luxor airport. Also I would like to know about other Luxor attractions to visit them as well. thanx.

4. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Karnak temple is located in the northern part of Luxor and you can hire a car from airport to reach this temple. Some of the places that I have visited during my Luxor day tour were Luxor Temple, Nefertari's Tomb, West Bank (Thebes) and the Valley of the Dead. Hope this helps!

5. helpme

helpme New Member

thanks for your help. Found a reliable car hire company and contacted them, they said there is a package for Luxor tour, so feel quite good, going to book online with them.